A Field Technician – entry level or experienced – full of energy and drive to join the talented team at Efficiency Services Group (ESG). This position helps customers reduce energy costs while increasing the efficiency and comfort of their homes and businesses. ESG is a young and growing company with a dedicated staff, a career path, and good benefits. The position requires some travel. Please see Field Technician job description for additional detail.
POSITION TITLE: Field Technician
LOCATION: Main Office (Hillsboro, OR)
REPORTS TO: COO
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
In addition to field-work related duties, the Field Technician position accomplishes a variety of office tasks that include: managing customer projects/paperwork, processing rebates, answering customer and contractor questions about energy efficiency, data entry, scheduling, and general program support. The Field Technician needs to be professional and courteous when representing ESG and client utilities to end use customers. The position requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who is ready to wear many hats for a growing company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct inspections to verify that measures or equipment have been installed to program quality standards.
- Conduct energy audits and energy audit reports for commercial (scoping/walk-through) and residential customers.
- Manage customer projects from initial customer/contractor inquiry to project completion and verification. Coordinate with office staff to ensure all project documentation is in the project folders and project database records are complete and accurate.
- Coordinate with customers and contractors to ensure issues are resolved. Ensure proper records are kept of issues and their resolution.
- Ensure customer projects are accurately entered, tracked and kept current in ESG reporting database.
- Represent ESG and client utilities to customers in a professional manner. Maintain strong working relationships with client utility staff.
- Respond to customer and contractor questions regarding rebate applications, program processes, and energy audits and inspections.
- Provide basic technical guidance and program specifications/requirements to contractors/clients/customers.
- Track status of commercial projects in reserved activity to help maintain accurate utility budget tracking. Add and maintain status of commercial projects in utility budget trackers.
- Respond to residential high bill inquiries to assist customers in identifying potential causes of high energy use. Ability to advise customers regarding resolution of causes of high energy use and how to manage their home energy use.
- Stay current on latest program changes, policies, and procedures.
- Manage field schedule to maximize efficiency; includes contacting customers to set field appointments.
- Provide program administration support to office staff related to utility program operations. This work includes answering utility customer calls, accurate and timely generation of audit reports and calculators related to programs across the residential and commercial sectors.
- Complete monthly expense reporting by the deadline.
- Attend regular staff meetings and other related meetings pertaining to residential and non-residential building performance.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Field Technician is responsible for obtaining and maintaining technical knowledge for the purpose in addressing customer/contractor inquiries. The Field Technician needs to demonstrate proficient knowledge in the following technologies:
- Residential Windows, Insulation and Air Infiltration
- Commercial lighting calculators used in ESG program offers
- Residential Space Heating/Cooling systems
- Residential Water Heating systems
- Energy Star Appliances
- Knowledge of residential energy using equipment and how it is used by customers impacts their energy use.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. General computer proficiency.
- Working knowledge of ESG customer database.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate ability to consistently find ways to contribute to overall team efficiency and effectiveness with reasonable, but minimal supervision.
- Be flexible in jumping from one project to another.
- Be organized and prioritize work.
- Be accurate and detail oriented.
- Work with colleagues to achieve great results for our clients.
- Complete work within deadlines.
- Travel out of town up to10 days a month,
- Demonstrate strong customer service and client relationship management skills.
- Show an enthusiasm for energy conservation.
- Communicate program concepts and requirements to contractors, customers, and other
- Contribute to creating a positive and productive work culture while performing in a deadline driven environment.
- Be flexible with schedule; may require evening and weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- One year of closely-related work experience required preferred.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl and maneuver into and around tight spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc.).
- Ability to carry ladders, tools and equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive long distances.
- Exposure to potentially hazardous conditions such as damp areas, crawl spaces, construction sites, agriculture and industrial facilities.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform office related tasks and provide effective communication from the field.
COME WORK FOR US
We want you. Apply by sending a cover letter, your resume and by filling out an ESG application (link below), and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org