Ruralite Services Inc. is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit dedicated to meeting the communication needs of public power utilities. Headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon, RSI is seeking a full time Marketing and Communications Specialist. This position is responsible for assisting the organization with administrative support while balancing assignments directly supporting the Marketing & Communications team’s projects and initiatives.
This role will play a key support (and sometimes primary) role in the development of a wide variety of marketing communications content and media, working, in many cases, alongside the Marketing & Communications Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
General administrative support (approx. 50%)
- Provide administrative support for CEO, Administration Manager and Communications & Marketing Director primarily in the areas of project coordination and coordination of meeting schedules.
- Monitor production processes to ensure deadlines are met; track project progress and communicate regular updates to stakeholders; ensure deliverables match orders.
Marketing & Communications (approx. 50%)
- Help write and edit content for print collateral, public relations, videos, web pages, and social media posts, as well as select deliverable assignments.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external creative team members – graphics artists, writers, web designers and developers, and video artists (among others) – to facilitate and monitor progress.
- Assist with all aspects of marketing event preparation.
- Support award submissions, including coordinating the annual award schedule, gathering entries, participating in write-ups and entering submissions.
- Coordinate acquisition and inventory of branded marketing materials.
- Create writing, photography and social media best practice blog posts.
- Assist with content creation and production of quarterly best practices digital newsletter.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for social media that complements other marketing and communications plans.
- Help coordinate special marketing communications projects.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field is strongly preferred; and 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, communications or project coordination environment is strongly preferred. Ability to work independently, or, as part of a team, is a must.
Expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Comfort level working with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, Facebook Pages Manager, WordPress and Google Analytics preferred but not required; willingness to learn required. Administrative/clerical skills with previous event-planning experience beneficial.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
The ideal candidate is process-oriented, creative and highly organized with strong attention to detail and an understanding of marketing and communications principles and techniques.
Requirements for all Ruralite Services Positions:
- Care more: Exceptional customer service skills.
- Curiosity: A high level of interest in constantly learning new things.
- Problem solving: Ability to identify and understand problems, and willingness to solve them.
- Sensitivity: A high level of awareness of the needs of colleagues, clients and the Ruralite Services business.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: A mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
Want to apply?
Ruralite Services offers exceptional health and portable retirement benefits.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com and use Marketing and Communications Specialist in the subject line. You can also mail the same information to: HR, Ruralite Services, Inc, 5605 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124. Materials received by Dec. 29 will receive preference. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.