We all need inspiration sometimes!
Our quarterly newsletter offers writing and photography tips for utility communicators and freelance writers. We highlight select newsletter stories on our weekly blog; links to these posts are included in our current newsletter’s table of contents.
Summer 2017 Issue (download as PDF):
- Celebrating a Colorful Career: Ruralite’s longtime editor, Curtis Condon, leaves a legacy of excellence and friendship.
- Power Outage Guide: Courtney Cobb shares how she educated members on outages with her award-winning brochure.
- Color Choices Matter: A video of your peers helps you think twice about the colors you use for your brand.
- Try Digital Storytelling: Need to make an impact online? Sharon Crisp offers three ways to boost your story online.
- Harness Colorful Language: Use adjectives and adverbs thoughtfully to guide, not overwhelm, readers.
- The Color Wheel, Reimagined: Discover three ways Adobe Color CC delivers fresh color mixes to energize your brand.
- Make the News: Geoff Oldfather shares five ways to help news stories shine.
- Balancing Act: Learn how white balance tips the scale on color pictures.
- New Managing Editor in the Wings: Leon Espinoza picked to head Ruralite’s editorial team.
Have a story idea for our next issue? Want to share your writing or photography best practices with utility communicators? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.