We all need inspiration sometimes!
Our best practices newsletter offers writing and photography tips for utility communicators and freelance writers. We highlight select newsletter stories on our weekly blog; links to these posts are included in our current newsletter’s table of contents.
Winter 2018 Issue (download as PDF):
- Pam Spettel Named Communicator of the Year: Do you spice up your local pages? Get inspired by Blachly-Lane Electric’s Pam Spettel.
- Breaking the News: Leon Espinoza shares insider tips to help your press releases stand out in a crowd.
- We are MORE Powerful Together: Download a new editorial, annual meeting speech, print ads and more with a focus on how innovation makes utilities and consumers #MorePowerfulTogether.
- New Year, New Energy Topics: Plan ahead with 2018 Plugged In and Power Lines topics.
- Five Ways to Craft Award-Winning News: Do your pages have a mission? How focused are your headlines? Megan McKoy-Noe shares tips offered during a contest for our friends at South Carolina Living.
- Protect Your Utility with Digital Policy, Training: A short training video pairs social media policy best practices with training examples.
- Archives Add New Life to Stories: Thirty years later, a story about a rural Nevada post office gets a new set of readers.
- See (and Use) the Light: Mike Teegarden shows the difference natural light can make.
- Ground Content with Fresh Energy Data: Talking to consumers about energy efficiency or rate changes? Use data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Brandon Pomrenke Earns CCC, Promotion: With Brandon Pomrenke joining the ranks, now Ruralite has five certified cooperative communicators on hand to help your content shine.
Have a story idea for our next issue? Want to share your writing or photography best practices with utility communicators? Contact email@example.com.